Access: Cold Springs Trailhead
Round Trip: 15 miles
Elevation Range: 5720′-7881′
- Hike north on the old roadbed and leave the path in .25 mile.
- Continue north through open forest and mild terrain to reach Chopaka Peak summit.
- Drop down to the north saddle and continue north to reach the top of Hurley Peak.
- Go back to the pass and head west on the old roadway to reach Joe Mills Mountain summit.
- Go down west slopes to reach the road and walk down to Olallie Creek.
- Climb through down trees to reach the south ridge.
- Continue north along the crest to reach the top of Snowshoe Mountain.
- Expansive view of Chopaka Mountain Natural Area Preserve and Loomis Natural Resources Conservation Area
- Open terrain in all directions
- Sunshine and solitude
- Down trees on Snowshoe Mountain's southeast side