Do You Want Hiking Trails in the Teanaway?
The new Teanaway Community Forest has endless possibilities for a world-class trail system for hikers. The forest does not have an official trail system to call its own, but planning is underway right now. Make sure your voice is heard on the future of trails in the Teanaway.
The new Teanaway Community Forest has endless possibilities for a world-class trail system for hikers. Currently the forest does not have an official trail system to call its own.
The Teanaway Community Forest Advisory Committee (WTA is a member) and the state agencies are looking for feedback regarding the future of the forest.
Let the advisory committee know that hiking trails are important in the Teanaway Community Forest. Submit an online comment today.
Consider these questions when providing your thoughts about trails in the forest:
- What kind of hiking trails would you like to see in the Teanaway? (Example: I enjoy trails that meander along rivers and are family-friendly.)
- When you go hiking, what kind of experience(s) do you like to have? (Examples: I want to get to the top of a peak; I like to backpack and spend the night out under the stars.)
- Do you want multi-use trails in the Teanaway? (Examples: I don't mind hiking with horses or mountain bikers; I like using hiker-only trails.)
- Do you want the Teanaway Community Forest to contain motorized trails? If so, would you be ok hiking on trails with motorized users such as dirt bikes?
- If you currently use the Teanaway Community Forest, mention where you go and what you like to do there. (Example: I enjoy hiking to Cheese Rock because there are great views.)
With the help of an advisory committee, the departments of Natural Resources and Fish and Wildlife must develop a plan for managing the forest by next year.
Make sure your voice is heard; share your thoughts on recreation in the Teanaway Community Forest today -- planning is under way!